Thursday, December 29, 2016

Sunday Reflections - December 29, 2016


                        A New Year And A New Name

Hello Deer Flat Family!

I came across this piece that I thought was worth sharing. Take a look at it…

Happiness depends upon your outlook on life. - Find the good in all situations
Attitude is just as important as ability. - Keep your attitude positive
Passion find yours this year! - Do what you love and you will never work
Positive thoughts make everything easier. - Stay focused and stay positive
You are unique, with special gifts, use them. - Never forget you have talent

New beginnings with a new year.
Enthusiasm - a true secret of success.
Wishes - may they turn into goals.

Years go by too quickly, enjoy them. - Wisdom from your elders, listen
Energy may you have lots of it. - Take care of yourself
Appreciation of life, don't take it for granted. - Live each day
Relax take the time to relax in this coming year. - Keep a balance in your life

As we’ve approached this New Year, I’ve been thinking about the wonderful advantage we have of knowing God, who knows the future. He knows what lays ahead. He knows what we will face. He knows all of the unknown. One of the things we’ve enjoyed over the past few years has been the series on THE NAMES OF GOD. It’s my desire to take us into this New Year with the awareness of some NEW NAMES of God. We will be looking at a number of these amazing names, all of which tell us about the kind of God we serve, who is able to do all things. I know we’re going to have an incredible trek together over these Sundays of January. 

This Sunday I’ll give you an overview and lay the foundation. I can’t wait to share these new names with you. I’ll close with a poem that I think speaks well about having confidence as we head into a tremendous New Year!

His Unfailing Presence
(Author Unknown)

Another year I enter
Its history unknown;
Oh, how my feet would tremble
To tread its paths alone!
But I have heard a whisper
I know I shall be blest;
"My presence shall go with thee,
And I will give thee rest."

What will the New Year bring me?
I may not, must not know; will it be love and rapture,
Or loneliness and woe?
Hush! Hush! I hear His whisper;
I surely shall be blest;
"My presence shall go with thee,
And I will give thee rest."

Don’t forget: ONE SERVICE AT 10:30 am 

Loving You and Loving Him,

Pastor D


PS – A sudden and unexpected passing of one of our congregants who lost her husband less than two months ago, has left their doggies needing a forever home. If you have it in your heart to love on these special members of their family and would like to take them in, please call Jessi at 459-3845 or 880-2897.



No comments:

Post a Comment