Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sunday Reflections - April 21, 2016

YOU JUST HAVE TO BE AT DEER FLAT THIS SUNDAY!

Hello Deer Flat Family!

We’ve been having such great Sundays week after week, that I just feel spoiled!  This Sunday will be no exception. The ingredients of the services this week are so inspiring and full of encouragement. Each week, I read through the prayer requests submitted by our church family. I’m always impacted by them. It reminds me of how important our prayers are for one another. This week was no exception. I found so many of them to be heavy.

I’m also reminded of the incredible difference that a word of encouragement makes in our lives. Hebrews 3:12-23 says, “See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

ALL of us know what it's like to battle with sin.  
ALL of us know what it's like to feel like we are losing.  
ALL of us know what it’s like to wonder if I’m going to survive what’s happening.
ALL of us know what it's like to want to give up on following God.  

The Hebrews writer nails it with these words! So, with that in mind, WHO can you call, 
e-mail or text right now just to encourage them? I can promise you, there are not many people I know of that don’t need a good dose of encouragement right now.  So--let's do this!  Contact one person ASAP for the purpose of encouraging them.  It will make a real difference in their life...and yours as well.

We will be celebrating with a group of people at the end of SECOND HOUR as they go public with their faith. These people are taking the bold step of BAPTISM. Let’s come expecting a tremendous encounter with the LIVING GOD, and encourage one another between now and then. I can’t wait to see you!  

I LOVE MY CHURCH!

Pastor D


PS.  We’re approaching the last Sunday of April and it would be HUGE to finish the month right on track financially. THANK YOU FOR STANDING BY THE CHURCH WITH YOUR AMAZING GENEROSITY. We fell a bit short for March, but I’m confident we can make up the difference this Sunday. May the LORD bless you for your obedience to HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment