Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sunday Reflections - September 30, 2015

Greetings To My Deer Flat Flock,

I seem to be paying more attention these days to the seasons that arrive at various times throughout the year.  I so enjoyed the warmth of summer and appreciated that the majority of the Farmers had enough water for their crops.  I loved the longer days and the ability to graze my way through all of the different fruits that ripened through the summer.  And now it is Fall.

I love the Fall.  I’ll be sipping a Pumpkin latte pretty soon, catching football, watching the leaves change, enjoying a warm fire and the crisp feel of the air.  I have to admit, I feel like this year of 2015 is sweeping by so fast that I can hardly believe we’re knocking on October’s door.  I’m also reminded that we’ve got an outstanding month ahead of us at Deer Flat.  So, let me brief you a bit…

Baptisms – Every time we do this, I’m so touched by those who take this amazing and bold step to go public with their faith, letting the world know they are linked up with Jesus.  Two weeks ago we had another one of the great groups take the plunge.  Children, students, adults – a great mix.  People who have been transformed by our Lord.  It was fantastic!  I’m so proud of all of you who took this tremendous step of obedience.  I rejoiced with you then and I rejoice with you now!  Way to go Deer Flat Family.  We have lots to celebrate.

Special Guests – Most of you know that we’ll be having ERICK STAKELBECK AT DEER FLAT OCTOBER 13TH AT 7 PM.  This is one you don’t want to miss.  Erick is so informative and his information will be amazing.  Don’t pass up the chance to invite someone.  I hope we can fill up the place that evening.  Then, we will be having IDAHO SUPREME COURT JUSTICE DAN EISMANN with us on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8THThis will be a great morning as we honor our Veterans and dispense hope about the future.

We’re in a series on the Names Of God, which I think will make for a really great season for us at Deer Flat.  The way that God has introduced Himself to the world is drenched with insight about Who He is and what His heart is really like.  I’m anxious to tell you about SIX of those amazing names.

I continue to meet so many new people week after week.  THANK YOU FOR INVITING YOUR FRIENDS TO DEER FLAT AND GIVING ME A CHANCE TO MEET THEM!  You guys do an amazing job at this.  I’m so grateful for how God is blessing His Church that sits in the field of dreams.  I am away in New York this week for some meetings, but will be home by the weekend.  I can’t wait to see you Sunday!  Come expecting a great Lord’s Day.  I LOVE MY CHURCH!

For Him and For You,

Pastor D

PS – Don’t forget about the new Ladies Bible Studies on Thursdays at City Pointe. All young moms are invited to join Jill & Paula at 9 am for Mom’s Connect. For more info CLICK HERE

Shelly Henderson will be starting her study on the book Restless on Thursday evenings at 7 pm. REGISTER HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment