Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sunday Reflections - September 10, 2015

Hello Deer Flat Family,

We've passed the mid-way point of our week and I'm just now sitting down to scratch out a short note to you.  I have to tell you, I'm still basking in the joy of the tremendous Labor Day Lord's Day at Deer Flat.  Talk about an outstanding morning - this was one more of the many that God continues to give us week after week.  I think we're a bit spoiled, and I blame God for it - AND I LOVE IT and ask Him to continue to bless Deer Flat with His amazing presence.

Believe it or not, you add much to our Sundays.  You come faithfully, expecting something great to happen, and you enter into the worship and time in the Word with an open and hungry heart.  God loves to inhabit that kind of gathering.  And so do I.

I am the most blessed Pastor this side of Heaven!  I loved meeting so many new people and hanging out with my church family.  It made for a great day for me.  Thank you for your faithfulness, for inviting friends and neighbors, and for your heart for Jesus.  You bless me!

September is always a great month around Deer Flat.  We've got a great group of people who are being baptized on the 20th.  We've got a Men's Retreat happening at Camp Cascade during the last weekend of the month.  We've got Celebrate Recovery kicking off a brand new year next Wednesday evening.  What a great time to get connected!  New Life Groups are launching, and a new Sermon Series begins September 27th on THE NAMES OF GOD - PT. 2.

Everything is in full swing - Children's, Student and Adult Ministries.  If you're new to Deer Flat, let me encourage you to get into the Basic's Class, which happens the first 3 Sundays of each month at 11 am in Room 13.  Secondly, get into a Small Group, either a Sunday School Class or a Life Group or both. 

Our College ministry continues to happen Monday evenings at 6 pm at City Pointe, on the Boulevard, and Launch Pad happens at both Caldwell and Vallivue High Schools.  There's no shortage of entry points at Deer Flat.  If you need more information on any of these things or more, please contact us at the Church Office.

I can't wait to see you this Sunday!

Loving Him and You,
Pastor D

No comments:

Post a Comment