Friday, November 11, 2016

Sunday Reflections - November 11, 2016

DAVID DOLAN AND DAD

Hello Deer Flat Family,

There’s a verse in the Bible that I’ve been drawn to over the past week. "Weeping may last for the night but joy comes with the morning." It’s a reminder that the season, the situation or the hardship we’re in will not last forever. The “night” represents the harder times in life; the trials, meaning only a season of our life--while “morning” represents the time when that difficult time has passed.

Life certainly does include times of weeping - even in the lives of the most faithful. Sometimes it happens because our misdeeds have incurred God's anger, and sometimes just because of suffering that comes from living in a fallen world, it comes to an end. Morning stands for the time when God gives relief; it might not arrive until the last day, but it will surely come. "Morning” comes after the night, therefore joy comes after weeping--and as a believer there is True, Pure Joy because of our hope in God; that Joy comes from His Sovereignty, His Power, and His Faithfulness. He has promised He will see us through the hard times.

Do you remember the song, "Trading My Sorrows:"

I'm trading my sorrows
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

Yes Lord yes Lord
Yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord
Yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord
Yes yes Lord Amen

I am pressed but not crushed
Persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I am blessed beyond the curse
For His promise will endure
That His joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

It's about laying whatever we are going through in life down before the Lord, trading your sickness, your pain, your sorrow, laying them down for the Joy of the Lord--God is Faithful! no matter what you are going through. He is Faithful to heal, to provide. I’ve been finding this to be so true with the departure of Dad. What joy comes in the midst of sorrow.  God is so good! May you just put your God-given faith in Him and experience pure Joy in your day, in your season, in your life.

This Sunday – Special Guest David Dolan.  Do me a favor and think of who you need to invite to an unforgettable morning at Deer Flat. 

I can’t wait to see you.  And, thank you again for all of you who have loved us and prayed for us during this time of loss.  Don’t know what we’d do without you!

Loving You and Loving Him,
Pastor D

One more thing:

OPERATION GUARDian Angel
We would like to honor and serve those who GUARD our freedoms this Christmas by celebrating the families in the 124th Fighter Wing at Gowen in Boise.  As you heard last Sunday, there are so many different dynamics when a loved one is deployed. We will still have over 100 airmen & women from Gowen deployed this Christmas.  If you would like to help honor them, please stop by the tree in the lobby and pick up a tag to purchase a gift for a child.  If you would like to make a donation, please mark it “Operation GUARDian Angel”.


For more information, please contact Jessi at jessisams@deerflat.org or 880-2897.

No comments:

Post a Comment